Smart phones are becoming increasingly well equipped to handle the onslaught of social media activity we face daily. Facebook. Twitter. Foursquare. Here are a few quick stats from the WSJ article: Y U Luv Texts, H8 Calls
- 2/3 of adults sleep with their phones next to their bed
- 84% of text-messaging adults say they send any receive texts “just to say hello”
- 17% of cell-phone owning adults say they have physically bumped into a person or object while talking or texting
- 23% of Americas have only a cellphone — and NO land line for making calls
- The length of the average cellphone call FELL to 3.8 minutes, from just over 4 minutes a year ago.
- Teens send and receive a total of 3,339 texts on average, per month